R is for Recipes: Easy Mocha Pound Cake
This post contains affiliate links; find my full disclosure here.
Don’t you just love a good recipe that it is easy to make and impressive to serve? Tasty treats that are semi-homemade? This recipe is just that and is another one that comes from my mom’s recipe archives. It is sure to be a favorite. Using a store bought frozen frozen pound cake, you can have this baby put together in no time flat. Are you ready to learn how to make easy mocha pound cake? Here we go:
- Look in the frozen dessert section of your local grocery store for frozen pound cake. It usually comes in a small foil pan and is a snap to thaw and serve. These little cakes are great to have on hand for a special treat. Sliced pound cake with berries and cream is an easy and delicious dessert as well. Yum!
- If you don’t keep instant coffee in the house, consider using stick packets of instant coffee for this recipe. I found a box of 5 at my local dollar store. Now I have instant coffee on hand for this recipe and don’t have to worry about it getting stale.
- Add more or less of the instant coffee to your taste. I find that 2 teaspoons (1 stick packet) is plenty for me.
- Use a serrated knife or a cake leveling tool to cut your pound cake into layers. I recently purchased a Wilton cake leveler and just love it. It is easy to adjust and makes slicing and making layers of any homemade or store bought cake a snap.
- If you find that the mocha mixture is getting too soft to frost with, you may find it helpful to put a thin layer over the entire cake and then put both the cake and the bowl of filling back in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes so that the filling firms up again.
- Be sure to store your mocha pound cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The flavors will continue to meld as it rests after it is put together.
There you have it! Easy mocha pound cake is a great recipe for entertaining or for a simple treat at home. Let me now how it turns out for you or if you try any variations of this recipe. Enjoy!
My posts are partying at these fun Link Parties and Blog Hops!