R is for Recipes: Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Caramel Corn Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links; find my full disclosure here.
Sweet, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth caramel corn! Yum! This recipe has been in my family for years and is always a big hit. It is simple to make and can be made in big batches for a crowd. Homemade caramel corn is perfect to serve at parties or to package up to give to friends and neighbors at the holidays. I even used this recipe to make favors for my wedding. This classic caramel corn is sure to become a favorite. Are you ready to make this great recipe? Here we go:
- Buy good quality popcorn – it really makes a difference to the finished product.
- If popping your popcorn with an air popper, do not just dump the whole bowl of popcorn into the baking pan. Instead gently lift the popcorn out by the handful to avoid transferring any unpopped kernels at the bottle of the bowl.
- Coat all of your utensils with non-stick cooking spray to keep the caramel from sticking. We use a wooden spoon for stirring the caramel, a ladle to pour the caramel over the popcorn evenly and a silicon scraper spoon for gently stirring the caramel corn while baking.
- A silicon scraper spoon like THIS is perfect for stirring the caramel corn without breaking it.
- Pay attention to your baking time to be sure that you don’t over bake the recipe.
- Make a double batch using roasting pans instead of 9×13 baking pans. It is easier to stir the caramel corn in the bigger pans and who couldn’t use extra caramel corn?
- Package in tins, boxes or bags to give as perfect gifts or party favors!
It is no wonder why we continue to make this recipe year after year in our family. It is simple to make and oh-so-delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Let me know how it turns out for you and what creative ideas you have to package it in the comment section. Enjoy!
My posts are partying at these fun Link Parties and Blog Hops!