R is for Recipes: Blueberry Lavender Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links; find my full disclosure here.
Because July is the peak of blueberry season here in Michigan, I am sharing a new blueberry recipe each week this month. I love blueberries and have ever since I was a kid. The last recipe in this series is a new one for me this year. I have been thinking that lavender and lemon would be such an amazing compliment to the delicious taste of fresh blueberries. I developed a recipe for this simple blueberry lavender sauce that cooks up in a snap. You won’t be disappointed and it has so many tasty uses. Ready for the recipe? Here we go:
This week’s blueberry inspired recipe is blueberry lavender sauce.
- When freezing your blueberries for future use, measure them into two cup portions and store in freezer bags. You will always have the perfect amount of berries on hand to whip up this delicious sauce.
- I find that using fresh berries instead of frozen required additional water to get the right consistency.
- When using frozen blueberries, there is not need to rinse or thaw them – just add the berries directly to the pan.
- No lemon juice on hand? Substitute orange, lime or even apple juice.
- There are many choices for essential oils these days. Be sure to look for a pure, therapeutic grade essential oil from a reputable company. Some oils are not truly essential oil and can have unwanted additives. I buy my oils here: http://mydoterra.com/mybalancedlife. This is an affiliate link meaning I will make a small commission if you purchase products using this link.
- Not a lavender fan? Try using a citrus essential oil like lemon, lime or orange instead.
- Don’t forget that quality essential oils are very concentrated – anything more than a few drops will overpower this recipe.
Wondering what to serve with this yummy sauce? Consider the following:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- French Toast
- Greek yogurt
This recipe is so quick and easy to make. What will you serve it with? I would love to hear. I hope you are savoring every moment of blueberry season and stocking your freezer so you can enjoy the wonder of fresh blueberries all year long.
If you enjoyed this blueberry recipe, you might also enjoy these blueberry favorites:
My posts are partying at these fun Link Parties and Blog Hops!